"The more expressive art I create, the more I think and dream in pictures.
When I began creating spontaneous art over 20 years ago, I had to study the language of my creative unconscious as if it was a foreign language. I would mull over what the symbols in my collages meant - often for many months.
Now, when a picture spontaneously comes into my mind or into my field of vision, I almost always know what it means for me.
I love to study dream interpretation as a doorway into the creative unconscious. I see spontaneous collage as a way to dream while I am awake.
You might ask yourself, " Do I want to study my own symbolism?" If the answer is "yes" you will enjoy this course."
Understand Your Personal Symbolism
Your soul speaks in the language of imagery. Understanding what imagery emotionally invokes for you will support you to understand the deeper signs and symbols that spontaneously arise in your expressive art and writing.
Stretch Your Imagination
Expect to stretch your imagination in new ways!
It can feel challenging to create imaginatively without fun and unusual ideas to spark the process. These expressive art and writing exercises will invite you to play, draw, paint, collage, create poetry, experiment, and free associate.
This imagination course is appropriate for adults, children and teens.
"This class reminds me that everything I see is a springboard for creativity, inspiration and introspection. These daily lessons have helped me to see life through new eyes. I love how the lessons are short and sweet, allowing me to be creative each day to varying degrees, regardless of the amount of spare time I have." ~— M.B.
Why I Created This Course
I created this course because people confide that they do not know how to "read" their art on an intuitive level. In my opinion, it is best to write your own symbol dictionary in order to understand what your expressive art imagery means to you.
In Symbolic Journeys, I offer 45 lessons that invite you to explore your personal response to common symbols through poetry, collage, writing, drawing and painting. You could think of this as a way to begin your own symbology dictionary. And, this course is also great for children and teens.
Each day for 45 days you will receive invitations to:
1. Meditate upon an image "spark."
2. Free associate: Choose one word that the daily image may spontaneously suggest to you - without any apparent direct connection.
3. Create a poem: to explore what the image of the day means to you. (For instance: ‘I am this tree. I’m quite a strong tree, and I’m well rooted, but I don’t seem to have many leaves. It’s winter and I’m cold and bare.’
4. Explore a themed collage exercise: Explore personal symbolism with daily collage themes. Each day, spontaneously choose magazine pictures based on the prompt, cut them out and glue them into your journal with a glue stick.)
5. Explore a themed drawing or painting exercise: to express your emotions. You will receive daily suggestions for intuitive, free-associative and meditative art-making. Suggested materials: watercolor and tempura paints, felt markers, pencil crayons and oil pastels.
* Choose one or more directives to play with each day.
Lessons are delivered once a day after you purchase your course. You will get email reminders to view your lessons when you forget to check into the classroom. It is helpful to bookmark this link so you can review your course content whenever you want:
You will get a PDF of all course content at the end of your course so no need to copy your lessons as you go along.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org